Sunday, June 14, 2009

First blog...

You know, I find it more and more difficult lately to find inspiration. So I have tried taking up some new hobbies. The first being 3D modeling with Google SketchUp. It is fun but takes a bit of work to get used to. I like making all sorts of things in 3D but it is kind of tedious after a while. Another means of inspiration which I've found more satisfying is my wall of inspiration. Whenever I see something that catches my eye online or in a magazine, I print it out and put it up on my wall as such:



My wall is not really that light in color. It was an odd time of day when I snapped this picture. This idea just kind of came to me when I couldn't find any suitable artwork to match my new bedspread. I add to the wall as I see fit. Pretty soon it will take over my room. I think that was always sort of the plan, but we'll see how it goes. 

The other day, I got a survey from the College Board asking me "How can we make your test day experience less stressful?" I just thought this was ridiculous. First of all, if they are so concerned about stress levels, they should stop administering the test. No matter what suggestions test takers make, the test is just stressful. No buts about it. Speaking of testing, I took my ACTs yesterday for the 2nd time and this annoying person had the audacity to leave their cell phone on.  The proctor warned them to turn it off. Every 5 minutes or so, the phone would buzz for 2 minutes! So the second time, the proctor said, "If you don't turn it off, next time it goes off I'll cancel everyone's score in the room." By then I was angry and frustrated. I already had to cancel my scores for the SAT for calculator malfunctioning. I didn't want to have to cancel these. The phone kept going off and the proctor made everyone put their phones into a basket after the first section. The culprit decided that he/she didn't want to comply and was the only person not to put their phone in the basket, so it went off 3 or four more times until break. I didn't see if they were caught or not, but the phone evenutally stopped buzzing. By then I was so mad that I probably didn't do that well. It was the most annoying vibrate I've ever heard. And it was so incessant! It's all over now. Thank gosh I don't have to standardize test for at least three months (if I even decide to do it again). Time for a sigh of relief. 

Anyway, today I got to sleep in and it was beauteous. I feel good. And my vacation and prom pictures are finally posted on my Facebook. The other day I thought Betsey [ one of the most fantastic and most attractive computers ever created (a 17 inch 1GHz Flat Panel G4 from 2003) ] was dying and I was super upset. My sister bought Betsey 6 years ago, and I have had her for most of that time. I am overly attached to inanimate objects, I know. But anyway, I think she is doing better and hopefully she can survive for one more year until I go to college. 

Countdown to cheer camp: 2 days 
Countdown to first day of school: don't want to know yet

-Applebaum the Third. 





No comments:

Post a Comment