Sunday, August 29, 2010

Post 67 on Route 66

Orientation has been great. Yesterday after listening to Dr. Loomis and Dr. Quatrano (and other various planned seminars), I helped make the banner for the WashU Ultimate Floor Challenge (WUFC). Lien 2's flag looks bomb! I also bonded a lot with people and went out to dinner with them. Then we went to this floor meeting where we were directed to Graham Chapel to see a play about date rape. Girls and guys separated into separate discussion groups where we talked about the situation.

Then I got inducted as an Wash U Engineer! I am not sure if I am allowed to say what I did there, so I will just say I now own an Engineering Creed card and a brand new Wash U green hard hat (The engineering school is under a lot of construction!)! Then I went to bed. Yesterday was awesome in general. I met people and actually talked to and learned about them, so instead of "Speed Dating" for people's names, (Name? Major? Hometown? Dorm? NEXT PERSON!) like everyone was earlier, I am actually getting to know people. That is preferable, of course. Today is going to be crazy busy. I am always running around and rarely home.

Today my parents leave. Bye, Mom and Dad!

Love,
ATT

2 comments:

  1. I like the "speed dating" analogy. "Speed meeting" might be a good term for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bye :) Glad to hear you're having a blast. I'm wearing my new red & white Wash U shirt right now. E is coming home this weekend so I'll give her your present.

    ReplyDelete