Sunday, July 25, 2010

Post Schfifty-Five! Weekend Update!

Friday was fun. Lab was slow. Thursday nights are when the engineers have their coed softball league games, so my bench mentor was really tired. I accompanied him on a Chinese food run, worked on my presentation, and edited my abstract.
After that, I went to a free, outdoor Sarah Bareilles concert at the Civic Center. She was really good. Since the FSAP kids had their last night on Friday, I went with them to the Loop to get FroYo, which was delicious (as usual). Then we watched an old TIVOed SNL. I went to sleep.

Saturday from 9:00 AM to noon I volunteered landscaping a preschool. It was a really nice, ritzy preschool. Apparently they give out financial aid. Haha. Too funny. After that, I had some fruit at the DUC. It was about 97 degrees and 100% humid during volunteering. I also got hit in the face by a wheelbarrow. Ow. Then I went home, showered, went to the library, and got a ton of stuff done. I hung out in the fun room. I was too sore to enjoy the City Museum, so I passed on going. My stomach was also very upset. : (

I love thunder and lightning. Before the bus ride to Tyson and last night as well, I just sat out and watched the storm under an overhang. I love the lightning! Such a novelty. The whole sky is encouraging epileptics to seize. I wanted to rave, but then it started to rain. When I say rave, I mean, dance in the storm. No psychedelics.

This morning we headed out 1.5 hours west to the Meramac River for our float trip. It was a blast. My raft was composed of very cool people, and I really enjoyed the picnic lunch. I had a wheat bread sandwich with hummus, cucumber, lettuce, and tomato. It was amazing. There was also a variety of chips, fruits, and cookies. So yummy! Thanks, Amy.
I got back home, got my storage bins, and packed them most of the way. I have to ship some stuff home soon, and I got my laundry done. Now I am headed to dinner in a few.

Hope your weekend was equally awesome,
ATT

No comments:

Post a Comment