Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Rest of Monday, All of Tuesday, and This Morning

The rest of Monday, I took my walk. On my way home from chem prep before my walk, I captured the picture of the pink sky behind Wash U. So pretty! I made it my new blog photo. I exercised, did a bit of junk I can't remember, and went to sleep around 11:00 PM. At 3:00 AM, I was woken in my sleep by my roommate and some friends, who thought barging in screaming to steal her mattress so she could sleep in the room ONE DOOR DOWN was appropriate behavior on a work night. We also had an 8:30 AM seminar that morning and I had stuff to do before that. Needless to say, I was not pleased. I did get everything done that I wanted to get done on Monday! That made me feel good.

Tuesday, I woke up at 6:00 AM despite my roommate, did some stuff to make my day easier, and went to breakfast nice and early. I then got to the seminar early, enjoyed hearing the perspective of a female MD/Ph.D., and went to work. If anyone wants to know more specifics on the seminar, I don't want to bore all of my readers, so you can ask me later. At work, I did some prep for flow cytometry, passaged cells, etc. with my bench mentor. Then we went to the med school. I got so tired, I napped. We got back to the hilltop (main Wash U) campus, added the final images to my presentation, and today, I will present it at work.
I got off of work at 4:30 PM, went to dinner, made my own salad and had a fruit salad on the side, and watched The Lion King. It is a great movie. I love it more at 18 than I did as a kid, probably because I can appreciate Scar's ironic statements. Then I took a really fast, intense WUSTL walk. I could barely breathe. Before going back to the South Forty, I went to the DUC to relax a few and get some water. I got back home, did some various junk, mostly of the relaxing nature, and then went to sleep. I got up to go to the bathroom at 2:00 AM and could hear giggling next door. No wonder those kids look trashed in the morning. No offense to them, but they are like narcoleptics during the day, falling asleep EVERYWHERE (even at seminars. Kinda rude, in my opinion. And there really is NOTHING to do all night on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I promise.).

This morning, I woke up early, read some blogs, and showered. Now I am writing this blog, drying off a bit so I can get dressed. Have a good day!
Sincerely,
The-Applebaum-who-sleeps-alone-in-her-room-but-doesn't-mind-because-she-doesn't-have-to-put-up-with-her-inconsiderate-roommate-barging-in-screaming-in-the-middle-of-the-night-anymore : )

1 comment: