Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday and General Life Changes

Yesterday was really cool. After work, I went to the Tyson Research Center. We rode on the back of trucks around this giant forest facility and looked at the different research projects. We were sitting on the sides of the truck cab leaning in to avoid falling off of a "speeding" truck (going 30 seemed like 50). It was really beautiful and very memorable. We went up and down hills in these trucks on off-road trails. There are over 2200 acres and tons of solar panels. The building we had our picnic in is called the Living Learning Center, which is nearly 100% sustainable. It's about half an hour off campus, and such a cool resource for Wash U students. On the bus home, we played a fun word/phrase game.

In general, my life is so different here. Yesterday, I sat and watched a rainless thunderstorm with Madeleine. I am no longer terrified of storms in close proximity. In my life, I have always taken night showers. Now I take morning showers. And in VP, I eat most of my food for the day after school. Now I eat my food more evenly throughout the day for energy purposes. I also have a new outlook on certain things.

Tata for now,
ATT

No comments:

Post a Comment