Friday, July 16, 2010

Yet another two day recap... and bagel weirdness

Wednesday: Woke up, went to lab, worked on stuff, went to the med school for PCR, met at 8th and Pine metro station for lunch around 1:00. Another undergrad (a rising senior) left her purse on the metro, which put a stall in things. Ate a bento box of delicious food at Jade (including Hao's tiger cupcakes!), went back to the med school to realize PCR had failed, went to lab, went back to med school to redo PCR, went back to lab, ate dinner, went to library, relaxed on hammock, found my roommate, went to sleep after a shower.

Thursday: I woke up, ate my bagel, went to a seminar, no speaker, went to work, prepped for autoclaving, ran around like a chicken, finished playing the tourney of Jeopardy at lunch (got 4th place! If I had gotten .5 of a point lower, I would have the girl who lost her purse buying me lunch instead... Not that I'd ever really SEE that lunch), worked like a dog on my project, and went to med school to do flow cytometry ("I'll always opt to fall down the stairs in the end" -Bobbing For Apples by Regina Spektor. Ask me later). Most of it worked better than we expected. We realized one of our important factors is expired... but not just passed its suggested date. It really works poorly. So we went back, made culturing plates, and are about to start with all new stuff. I left the lab, ate dinner, and was too late to go to the Cardinal's game. I found out no one went. Also, I ate dinner with some friendly FSAP kids who were really cool. It was nice to meet them. Too bad they are leaving in 8 days (the 24th). I found out at the seminar with no speaker that I am presenting on July 30th at 11:00 AM. Cool. Also, my suggestion for the Sunday night dinner, Panera (STL Bread Co.) was chosen as the winner. : )

I went to the library after dinner, worked in a study room with the FSAP kids reading a really good journal article on my topics of interest (they do things slightly different than we do). Then I went home, walked, went to sleep at 10:30 PM (so early!), woke up, showered at 6:50 AM, and here I am now.

Tuesday and Wednesday, I ordered cinnamon raisin bagels. Tuesday I got a jalapeno bagel (it was a slight shock), and Wednesday I got a blueberry bagel, which was pretty good too but not what I wanted. Thursday, success! I got the right kind of bagel! : )

Hoping for another lucky bagel day!
-ATT

No comments:

Post a Comment