Friday, July 9, 2010

Two Days, One post.

Yesterday I went breakfast, then to a seminar, went to lab, and then went to the Missouri Botanical Gardens (Mobot). It was a great way to take pictures of people walking away. So I made a FB album. Go check it out. : )

Then I came back home, met my roommate in the pouring rain, and saw her palace of 3 connected doubles in Park House. They have mirrored closets, two toilets just for them, and a long hallway. Unfair. They are still trying to wine and dine kids at the ArtSci Weekends. They didn't roll out any red carpets for us. The ArtSci kids get to go to Ursa's too. We are stuck at the DUC. My Roommie is nice.
Today I had breakfast, went to work, and had a blast at work refilling micropipette tips. The plastic rig thingy is amazing, but the red tips are devils. I got to keep the pogs that come inside. I am going to needlepoint with them or make some sort of armor. I love my lab and my lab job. : D

After I ate a light dinner, I went to the student-run campus farm, the Burning Kumquat, and heard the epic story of how it started. They compost there too, so if you are guilted by the Landfill signs, go to the BK garden and compost your apple cores : ) I ate green onions, fresh tomatoes, stevia (sugar-like), chives, green beans. Just a taste of each. And every Saturday, WUSTL kids go to the inner city to sell fresh fruit at a Farmer's Market. They ride bikes with bike trailers attached. They also have a bike that generates current to run lights and speakers. So peaceful! The tour guide, Rob, was really cool.
Then I went to the FUN room and met some nice FSAP kids. Yay! Here I am now, thinking about exercising. Today was awesome. I love how kooky and quirky my lab is.

TBC,
Quarter Peachbush

1 comment: