Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cheese-ology

Today I woke up, had a parfait, and called the AP number 100 times throughout the past 3 days. Seriously. Give me my AP scores! Then I went to a seminar on plant evolutionary biology at 8:30 AM. I kept nodding off even though I was taking copious notes in tiny handwriting. Then I went to lab. I had to kill my stem cells because my bench mentor made me reuse a flask so he could use the last 2 ones that were ready for his stem cells because those are more important than mine. I was so sad to see the bleach turn my cell media from pinkish orange to dark purple and then to clear... So much work for nothing and no more work for me to do now! : (

I went to a grand opening of a fancy macaroni and cheese place called Cheese-ology on the Loop. I had Santa Fe style, with Mexican cheeses, chicken, corn, and black beans. It was spicy and delicious and a perfect size, but slightly overpriced, like any novelty store. Also, I had Fitz's root beer there (it was my first time trying it). I liked that too. Cool glass bottles (again, overpriced). Then I went back to lab, did some immunohistochemistry, and talked to my PI, Dr. S-E. She is nice. Then I went to the bookstore after lab, bought some gum (an embarrassingly large amount, and bought a shirt at Bear Necessities at my mom's urging. It is cute, so I walked the few feet back to Beaumont and put in on along with some shorts. I then had dinner in the fun room (make your own salad rocks!) and played the drums in Guitar Hero for the 1st time. I usually sing, but I did pretty well on easy levels. I am back here now. Having fun. Cheese-whiz!
TBC,
ni-Cheese-ole

1 comment:

  1. Fancy Mac & Cheese. There's an oxymoron for you :)

    ReplyDelete