Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Direction... Literally and Figuratively

I am leaving for St. Louis in 12 days. So soon! As I embrace this new move, I find that I am more able to appreciate and enjoy my last few days in Villa Park. I am slightly relaxed, if anyone can believe that. My blogging has been more than sporadic, so I changed my color scheme to reflect my love of Wash U, and I am focusing my efforts two things:

1) The close of my time here in Villa Park
2) My clean slate at Wash U

I am so thrilled to be able to research as an incoming freshman. What an opportunity! The other day I sent 3 boxes of things off... Now I have a barren wardrobe, so I am wearing old T-shirts. I don't mind though. They are comfortable, and I am painting and cutting tiles all the time. So many art projects as of the current! I could never be an artist. I lack the talent and I find it really frustrating. It is hard to undo a mistake. In math, I can erase or grab a new paper and retry a problem. In art, I am not always so fortunate. I am really enthusiastic about going to Wash U. The people seem so genuine and nice. I am not nervous. I am ready for my big break from my parents. This seven week trial run will be an awesome way to adjust to my new life. The weather is supposedly killer in St. Louis. In my life, I have done a lot of things that are considered to be "killer," and so far I am still here. Knock on wood. I think with good company and mentally challenging tasks at hand, the weather will be less of a burden than anticipated. Hopefully...

Anyway, it is getting late and I have the hives. Go bears! It's weird not to say spartans.

No comments:

Post a Comment