Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Day of High School

Every day I have been waking up earlier and earlier... I guess my body knows that I am going to be on central time soon. I usually wake up at 6:00 AM. The last few days, 5:50, 5:40, 5:20 AM.
Last night I thought, OH my goodness! What is the last way I want people to remember seeing me? What should I wear? And then I realized I don't care. People know me. Today won't make a difference. If I wear makeup or look super snazzy... People will still remember me how they've remembered me forever. My mom wants to give the outfit her seal of approval.
The last four days, I haven't had much to wear since my stuff is already in St. Louis sitting in an office waiting for me, so I have used the cat dissection as an excuse to wear sweat-type clothes. But today I should probably look nice. I am not jumping in the pool for Senior Dip Day, nor am I wearing a tank top for Austin Sanders tank top day... I just want to exit my school with grace, class, and dignity. I am not going to see anyone for a long time, so I don't think I should wear mascara in case I cry... Though I never cry when I think I will, Murphy's Law is too present in my life to risk looking like a raccoon all day. I haven't gotten everyone to sign my yearbook, nor have I finished all of my unfinished business here. I can't wait to go (IE, I don't plan on looking back). When I was a little kid on the balance beam, my coach would talk about how falling off of the beam was because you wanted to. I maintained that my balance was off, or I was scared, but she believed that it was somewhat intentional. "Look down, fall down," she would say. If I don't look back... I don't think there is as much danger of me going back. Everyone is still pretty sure that I will hate St. Louis weather and be back in California after a few years... We shall see, but weather is not that big of a deterrent for me yet.
Yesterday, due to Senior Parties in school and my Dad's birthday, I had 4 pieces of cake. The scale says I weigh even less than I did last time I weighed myself. I haven't had a hearty appetite in a while. It was pretty awesome. Carrot cake is delicious. I quite enjoy anything with carrots, but in a CAKE!?!? FANTASTIC!

I will share how today goes later on. I have the Varsity Induction tonight for cheer... Although I am being "outducted." SO weird that my cheer days are over...

Peace and TBC,

Pomme Numéro Trois (Apple # 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment