Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Touching Day...

This morning, I put on a blue dress that makes me feel genuinely girlie. I knew I was going to a luncheon to receive a scholarship and that I wouldn't have time to change beforehand. School was pretty grand. In zero period, I answered a lot of review questions so that I could score my Writing Group some candy for our final session. I got plenty. Unfornately, my Gobstoppers exploded at one of my group members (sorry, Brooklen) and my teacher, who would probably normally get mad, cracked up over the whole thing. Our pieces to each other were touching, and Betty's envelopes she made for us were gorgeous. I was genuinely touched by all of the kind words.
After that (but still in first period), the senior edition of the Oracle (my high school's magazine) came out. It was just wonderful. The Spartan of the Year article kind of broke me down a bit... So sweet and just... I don't think I have ever received as much kindness in my life as I have in the past month. What a way to end my time here in Villa Park.
Third period my presentation went well... The luncheon was great. Great food, great dessert (yes, that is separate), and great company. I got to say goodbye to my mom's mah jongg friends, and I won a flower basket centerpiece in the raffle. What a day! So much love everywhere. I finally got the guts to put up the post to tell people how I feel. I love the lovefest, so now I am joining it!

Peace, and TBC
Love, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment